The summer transfer window might not be open yet in Europe, but teams are getting ready for it, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Chelsea prepare talks for PSG’s Neymar
The 31-year-old endured another stellar season with the French champions, notching 18 goals and 17 assists in 29 appearances across all competitions, but injuries, alongside the club’s desire to offload several high-profile names this summer could see PSG part ways with the Brazil international.
PSG have identified Bernardo Silva as a priority signing, ahead of next season, with the potential departure of Neymar allowing for funds to secure the services of the Manchester City stand-out. The report suggests the club will seek a “good” price for Neymar’s transfer, who signed for the French outfit for a world-record fee of €222 million from Barcelona in the summer of 2017.
Chelsea suffered a disappointing 2022-23 season, in which the west London club could only manage a 12th placed finish in the Premier League, and it is said that new manager Mauricio Pochettino is eyeing up several high-profile names ahead of next season. Pochettino is no stranger to Neymar, having previously managed the winger during his stint as PSG manager during the 2021-22 season.
Since the arrival of Todd Boehly as the club’s owner last summer, Chelsea have spent close to £600 million on transfers, however with the likes of Mason Mount and Kai Havertz linked with moves from Stamford Bridge this summer, there could be room to sign Neymar.
– Aston Villa have been offered the chance to sign Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix, report Football Insider. The 23-year-old spent the second half of the season on loan at Chelsea, but the club has reportedly turned down the opportunity to sign the Portugal international permanently. That leaves Felix in an uncertain position, with Atleti keen to offload the forward after a falling out with manager Diego Simeone. Villa are said to be in the market for attacking reinforcements this summer, as manager Unai Emery looks to add to his squad as he looks to balance domestic success with the Europa Conference League.
– Tottenham Hotspur are weighing up a move for Manchester United defender Harry Maguire, per the Daily Mail. Newly appointed Spurs manager Ange Postecoglou is said to be an admirer of the England international, who will be allowed to depart Old Trafford this summer. The north London outfit are keen to bolster their defensive ranks ahead of next season, and while Maguire is not desperate to leave United, the 30-year-old is open to a move in a bid to secure first-team action.
– PSG are set to battle it out with Premier League clubs to secure the services of midfielder Adrien Rabiot, according to Rudy Galetti. The 28-year-old will be out of contract at the end of the month, with the France international not signing an extension with Juventus. PSG have identified midfield as an area that needs improvement, having also been linked with Sporting CP‘s Manuel Ugarte. Among the other clubs interested in Rabiot include Manchester United, who have been previously linked with him.
– Brighton are preparing a new £40m offer for defender Levi Colwill after having their £30m approach rebuffed by Chelsea, according to Fabrizio Romano. The England youth international spent last season on loan with the Seagulls, where the 20-year-old impressed for the south-coast club, helping them secure Europa League qualification. Romano suggests that Chelsea have no plans to part ways with Colwill, and view the youngster as integral to their long-term project.
– Saudi emissaries will present an official proposal to midfielder N’Golo Kante worth up to €100m, according to Fabrizio Romano. The 32-year-old is out of contract with Chelsea at the end of the month, and whilst it is believed the France international would prefer to stay in west London, talks over a new deal have long stalled. Romano reveals that both Al Ittihad and Al Nassr are interested in securing the services of Kante, where he’ll join the league’s other big name stars like Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema.
Transfer Talk: Chelsea prepare talks to sign PSG’s Neymar